Monday, May 6, 2013

DOODLE DAY MAY - Day 6

This is day 6 of the Doodle Day May challenge in which I have challenged artists, writers, parents, teachers, children of all ages, friends and friends of friends to create a doodle each day this month. Doodles can take 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes or even up to an hour. If you are spending an hour or more, it is no longer a doodle, it's a masterpiece and it means you are trying too hard or thinking too much. If you want to spend the time to make portfolio quality illustrations - don't let me stop you. I just want to let the casual doodlers who are absentmindedly scribbling daisies and curly-qs down the sides of their pages during meetings or classes that they belong here. Put your pencil to the paper and just see where your arm goes. Turn on music and let the doodle come out.

The doodlers in this challenge are doing a fantastic job. They are posting doodles each day on the Facebook Group page for DOODLE DAY MAY and I am truly impressed. I know that our lives are busy and I think it is great that these 50+ people have made it a choice to take a few minutes out of each day to jot down a doodle - from the prompts that I post or a story idea or just something they need to get onto the page.

Now to explain a little about today's doodle prompt...

I have always been someone who "wears many hats." I am not just referring to the baseball hat collection that I have had since college but also to the fact that I have been a Toy Designer, Circus Performer, Mom, Teacher, Writer, Illustrator, Architect, City Planner, and Summer Camp Director, ... to name a few.

Today's drawing prompt is to draw a HAT.

Any hat - can be a baseball hat, cowboy hat, top hat, derby, birthday hat, visor, sailor cap, captain's hat, Kentucky Derby hat, fine ladies hat, etc... You can design your own hat - anything. Draw something zany or cute, fun, fancy, silly, crazy. Any hat - whether it exists in the real world or just in your creative mind.

Enjoy.

Here are some hats for reference:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment